AIRFLOW and GBT
AIRFLOW and GUIDED BIOFILM THERAPY
What is Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT)?
GBT is a new state of the art approach for dental biofilm (dental plaque) management using AIRFLOW, PERIOFLOW and PIEZON technologies. It is a minimally invasive technique that manages dental plaque, meaning less usage of abrasive and sometimes sensitive instruments and equipment, this results in better plaque levels in the mouth.
What is dental biofilm?
Biofilm is a group of microorganisms which stick together and adhere to the surface of the teeth and is more commonly known as dental plaque. Many patients know that this biofilm contains bacteria, which is damaging to both teeth and gums. However, not everyone is aware that biofilm changes over time; immature biofilm is far less damaging than when it has been left on gum tissue and teeth for extended periods and is the main etiological factor for caries, periodontal and peri-implant infections. Periodontitis can increase the risk of systemic diseases, such as cardiovascular and respiratory disease, arthritis or diabetes.
The New and Modern Way to a healthier smile in just 8 easy steps:
How is Airflow used?
Air + Water + Fine powder= Pain free ultra clean, healthy teeth.
Initially, the biofilm is disclosed (stained) in the patient’s mouth to make it visible for both the patient and hygienist. The Airflow or Perioflow is then used to remove the biofilm by spraying a jet of warm water and fine powder (Erythritol). It is non-abrasive to hard tissues and can also be used on the tongue, cheeks and gums. Airflow therefore works well
Most patients do not require their teeth to be polished following this treatment, and most report their teeth feel smoother and cleaner and remain smoother for longer.
Why chose Airflow?
Healthy patients = Happy patients
There are many benefits to having Airflow and Perioflow apart from helping you to maintain outstanding levels of oral hygiene such as;
- GBT aims to both reduce the amount and stop the regrowth of dental biofilm
- It acts underneath gum tissues treating periodontal disease
- Around dental implants, bridges and orthodontic appliances (for children and adults) by clearing the biofilm in these areas and slowing down regrowth.
- Removes stains and calculus- so better than conventional polishing!
- Cleans dentures beautifully.
- It provides modern and effective biofilm management using a PAIN-FREE technique-no more worrying about visiting the hygienist!
- The ultra-fine powder used, ‘Erythritol’ is completely safe for adults and children.