Dentures in Bournemouth
Do you want to regain a youthful, natural smile?
Looks really matter!
Dentures are removable false teeth made from acrylic and metal that replace missing teeth. Beechwood Dental in Bournemouth offer natural looking, comfortable dentures that can restore your mouth’s appearance and function. We can provide a full set to replace all your teeth or partial dentures for one or more lost teeth.
How are dentures fitted?
- Following the initial consultation, we will provide a treatment plan and take impressions of your mouth to produce a model that we can then use to check for fit, bite and comfort.
- The colour and shape can be adjusted to look as close to natural teeth as possible.
- A set of bespoke dentures will be created in the laboratory, and when these are ready, you will be invited for a fitting.
- Dentures can be fitted as soon as teeth are removed.
- Once you have had had a chance to try out your dentures for about a week, we will invite you back for a follow-up appointment so that we can check the dentures are fitting and working as they should be.
To begin with, you will need to wear your dentures all the time. Once your mouth gets used to wearing them, you should remove your dentures at night. They should be kept moist – for example, in water or in a suitable overnight denture-cleaning solution, this will stop the denture material from drying out or changing shape.
It is important to keep your mouth clean, you should brush your remaining teeth, gums and tongue every morning and evening with fluoride toothpaste to prevent tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
We recommend cleaning your denture as often as you would your natural teeth, regularly removing any plaque and food deposits from your dentures. Unclean dentures can also lead to problems, such as bad breath, gum disease, tooth decay and oral thrush.
We will continue to see you regularly after your dentures have been fitted to prevent any problems occurring.
How long do dentures last?
Dentures will eventually need replacing, but if looked after properly they can last for several years. We recommend having them relined or having new dentures every 5 to 8 years as they can get worn out due to regular use and your gums can change shape or shrink.Return to the Treatments page