Beechwood Dental in Bournemouth supports
Mouth Cancer Action Month 2017
November is Mouth Cancer Action Month 2017 in the UK and as part of this campaign Beechwood Dental, in Bournemouth, Boscombe is using the opportunity to make our patients more aware of the risk of this serious condition. All our patients receive an oral cancer examination with every routine dental examination they have at Beechwood Dental and advice or a referral to specialist services if indicated. Be Mouth Aware and support Mouth Cancer Action Month 2017.
- 6,767 patients are diagnosed with mouth cancer every year in the UK.
- That’s 18 people a day!!
- Mouth cancer takes more lives every year than road traffic accidents on UK roads.
- It claims more lives every year then testicular and cervical cancer combined!
- If diagnosed early the survival rate is 90% compared to 50%.
- One in seven of us know someone with mouth cancer
- It can strike at any age!
How to reduce your risk of mouth cancer
You can reduce your risk of mouth cancer by
- Not smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Eating a healthy balanced diet with your 5 portions of fruit or veg a day.
- If you consume alcohol – do so only in moderation.
- Reduce your risk of contracting the HPV virus by practicing safer sex and avoiding multiple sexual partners.
Beechwood Dental in Bournemouth, Southbourne will again be supporting ‘Mouth Cancer Awareness Month’ in November 2017. Anyone, who is not normally registered with us will be able to arrange to have a FREE 15-minute mouth cancer screening by contacting http://www.beechwooddental.co.uk/ or ringing 01202 397074.